Monday, May 9, 2011

Sitting Together on the Patio for the First Time

Last Thursday Izzie and I ventured out onto the patio for the first time.
It's been so cold and rainy this spring that this was our first good opportunity.
I don't have any photos from outside...Izzie was content to sit on my lap
in the rocking chair and take in the sights and sounds.

The bird feeders were about seven feet from where we sat.
After a few minutes the birds started coming to feed
and Izzie was interested in watching.

Later a chipmunk ran across the patio and it pleased me to see
that Iz was alert enough to spot it.  Not much reaction, but she saw it.

We heard lots of birds singing and other spring outdoor noises
including a lawn mower and trimmer.
Izzie also heard the FedEx truck on the next street
and was able to spot it as it went by.

She wasn't too interested in walking around on the patio.
When I took her over in the grass, she just stood there,
but she was willing to reach down and touch it after I did.
It was an interesting first time out in the back yard.

Here are a couple of photos from before we went outside.



I love this hand-me-down puppy.
 
Hmmmm, what should I do now?

See my buttons?
Great Gram and I have been talking about them today.

No comments: