Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A New Life Has Begun


My great-granddaughter, Elizabeth Anne, has been born.  Today is the start of her life in the outside world. 
I am so happy for Kyle and Kenny.  And for the new grandmas and grandpas...first time for most.  And for the great-grandparents.  And for Aunt Lindsey and Uncle Cody.  Boy, that sounds funny!

I was in Medina when you were born.  On the way home I remember looking at the sky, because I wanted to remember how it looked on the night you were born, Izzie.  There were some clouds, but also some stars, and half of a yellow moon.  Today was a hot day...one of many that we have had recently.  They are predicting that Friday might be the hottest day of the year so far.  You will probably be at home with your mom and dad by then.

You are a big girl...9 pounds, 7 ounces, and 21 inches long.  Your mom is pretty tall and your dad is very tall.  Everybody who has seen your picture so far thinks you look like your mom.  I can hardly wait until tomorrow to see for myself.

Sleep well mom, dad, and baby Izzie.  You have had a busy 24 hours.  Good night...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome Baby Izzie! We have known your name for many months now. We have patiently been waiting to see your pretty little face. I do think you look like your mom did when she was born...that's a good thing. You have a great mom and dad. We look forward to meeting you in a few weeks or so.
Great, great Aunt Jan....now that sounds weird!!